Reasons to prepare for IIT JEE from Class 9 and 10th
Most students decide their career path after qualifying Class 10th when they have to pick a stream they would like to get in. But not everyone does this. There are still few students who already know what they have to do right from Class 9th or even earlier. If you have decided to be an IITian here are reasons to prepare for IIT JEE from Class 9 and 10th.
Both Class IXth and Xth expose you to the world of Science and Mathematics. It introduces students with the basics of Algebra, Height, Distances, Trigonometry and other calculative skills. In a nutshell these two classes plays a major role in concept building and enhancing problem solving skills.
In fact there are certain topics/concepts in both these classes that we study in detail later. Most of the topics from Class 9th and 10th syllabus of CBSE are similar to JEE Main syllabus. Hence students must pay complete attention to what is been taught in these classes. This will not only strengthen their basics, but will also help them in getting into their dream engineering institute – NITs, IIITs or IITs.
The topics you study in these classes will help in strengthening your foundation for more difficult and complete topics. Some of the Class 9th and 10th topics in common with JEE Main Physics syllabus are as follows:
- Force and Newton’s Laws
- Work, Energy and Power
- Properties of Solids and Liquids (Matter – Its Nature and Behaviour)
- Electric Current, and Magnetic Effects of Current (extension from Effects of Current)
- Optics (extension from Natural Phenomena)
- Atoms and Nuclei (extension of Structure of an Atom)
A few of the Class 9th and 10th topics in common with JEE Main Physics syllabus are as follows:
- Matter and its nature, and States of Matter
- Atomic Structure (extension of Structure of an Atom)
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure (extension of Chemical Substances – Nature and Behaviour)
- Environmental Chemistry (extension of Our Environment)
Some of the Class 9th and 10th topics in common with JEE Main Physics syllabus are as follows:
- Quadratic equations,
- Co-ordinate Geometry,
- Probability, and
- Trigonometry (especially Trigonometrical identities and Heights and Distances).
ADVANTAGES OF PREPARING FOR IIT JEE FROM CLASS 9TH AND 10TH
There are several reasons to prepare for IIT JEE from Class 9 onwards. Here are some of the obvious reasons.
- Extra edge over peers –Students studying for JEE since Class 9 are bound to have extra advantages over their mates. The expert created study material for JEE Preparation helps them understand the concepts in a better way. Preparation from starting gives them ample time for revision and practice. By the time they reach their Class 11th and 12th, they have revised and practices the important concepts enough number of times.
- No need to opt for special coaching –A lot of students who prepare for JEE from Class 11th usually join special classes to cover the syllabus in limited time. These coaching charges huge sum. The need for special classes gets omitted with some smart planning from Class 9th Additionally, such students also save a lot of money and get ample time for practice and revision.
- Gains confidence – Preparing for JEE is not at all easy considering the vast syllabus and difficulty level of the examination. Regular practice and revision are must if you want to score well and get into the prestigious institute. This is where students preparing for JEE from Class 9th win over those who’ve started preparing in their higher classes. Early preparation shoots up their confidence level.
- Ample time –Students in Class 11th gets just 2 years to prepare for the toughest entrance exam – JEE. While those in Class 9th get 4 years to finish the same (vast) syllabus. In the final year when the late starter will be busy preparing for the exam, you’ll have enough time to work on the finer aspects of the toughest questions.
Plancess JEE experts help Class 9th and 10th students prepare for JEE along with board exams.