JEE 2016: Preparation strategies and tips
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is conducting the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main examination on April 3, April 9 and April 10, 2016. The admit cards for the same have been released on the official website of JEE, the link for which is http://jeemain.nic.in/.
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is conducted to short list candidates seeking admission to undergraduate engineering programmes at NITs, IIITs, other centrally funded technical institutions, institutions funded by participating state governments, and several other Institutions.
The JEE (Main) exam will consist of two papers: Paper I (BE/B.Tech) and Paper II (B.Arch/B.Planning). These papers can be attempted in pen and paper mode or on-line mode. These shall be held for a duration of three hours each.
The paper pattern in detail
Being one of the toughest engineering entrance examinations in the country, the JEE requires a thorough preparation. Students from all over the country spend hours preparing for this exam. Time management and strategy are two important aspects, which need to be followed with precision in order to succeed here.
Some preparation guidelines to achieve this objective are mentioned below:
- Plan your time accordingly while solving JEE (Main) papers. In the Mathematics based questions, use short methods for calculations, skip irrelevant steps to save time.
- One should be clear about the concepts and formulas.
- Solve various problems with precision and guidance of your teachers.
- Try to improve your speed and accuracy in order to succeed.
- Practice regularly and avoid using calculators for JEE (Main) preparations. Your mental strength and memory will witness a rapid upsurge in this scenario.
- Try to solve the easier questions first before moving to the tougher sections. Give it your best shot and attempt all the questions.
- A positive outlook and dedication are some other factors one should keep in mind.
Points to keep in mind for Computer Based Testing (CBT) procedure for JEE Main:
- A sequence needs to be followed while completing the questions.
- Students should keep it in mind that they need to practice Mock Test papers for the exam.
- While solving questions, try to click on the right options pertaining to different subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and mathematics. Try to cover various topics before submitting your papers.
Tips for the D-Day:
- Be careful enough to reach the test centre at least 30 minutes before the exam.
- Please ensure to keep the Admit card/Hall ticket with you during the exam.
- Attempt those questions first which don’t carry negative marking. Try to avoid those questions which you aren’t sure about.
- Plan 1 hour for each subject so that all the topics can be covered.
- Do the easier questions first and leave the tougher ones for later on.
- Keep your calm intact and your preparation will help you to ace JEE.
Tips to crack JEE (Advanced) 2016:
- Practice a lot to improve your skills.
- Practice previous years’ IIT-JEE papers and pay special emphasis on various concepts.
- Give a boost to your reasoning and analytical ability by practicing these types of problems.
- Take short breaks during practice sessions. Further, eat and exercise properly to maintain adequate strength and concentration.
- Proper sleep is necessary for rejuvenating your spirits. Don’t lose out on sleep as it can harm your health.
- Maintain your confidence levels, and you will do well in the exam.